Sunday, March 30, 2008

How Targeted is This?

PayPerPlay and NetAudioAds is running "fake ads" in order to fill their network at this moment, but it does look like they are not taking the time to use it as a full test of their alleged capabilities.

In the past NetAudioAds has claimed sites are spidered for keyword relevance and they have the ability to geo targeted delivery of ads and I have yet to see a good example of this working.

I was recently sent a link to a site about dog training which was a typical spam site. All of the content was derived either from PLR articles or taken from article directories. There was no original content on the site. http://trainingdoggie.com/index.html

What was amazing is that I heard ads for a law firm in Oklahoma which was about as untargeted ad that I could of heard on a dog training site. I confirmed with the firm that they do not specialize in animal rights or dog training legal issues across the country.

The ad was not targeted to the content nor was it anywhere close to being geo targeted, I am in coastal Georgia. I would think that if you were going to test your network with "fake ads" you would try to use the technology that you are claiming to have in place to your publishers and advertisers.


No comments: